dark, bittersweet, and a little bit nutty."
If you want to know about me, read one of my books.
Or ask my mom, she'll tell you.
I have no good excuse for the way I write. I lived in a normal, loving, suburban home, studied hard, went to college, went to graduate school, got married, had babies, and settled down in northern Connecticut. Despite this wholesome lifestyle, I was clearly corrupted by fairy tales, puppet visionaries, British humour and graphic novels. As a result, I write dark, quirky, and sometimes humorous speculative fiction.
- I have always wanted to be a writer. Always.
- I have been mistaken for many ethnicities including Europe and the Americas, none of them are correct.
- I'm a Chicagoland native living in a quaint rural New England town. How did this happen? Interesting story...
- I am a second degree black belt in Shaolin Kempo Karate. (Therefore, yes, I know several ways to kill a man with a spoon, but a bazooka makes it so much easier!)
- I have a crescent moon-shaped scar between my eyes, but no, I did not kill Voldemort. Pity.
- I am a fringe geek. I own padded weapons, graphic novels, and a d20 and I know how to use 'em!
- I've earned more as an amateur cartoonist and illustrator than I ever have as a writer or anything related to my graduate degrees. I don't know what to think of this.
- I am a chocoholic feminist with a penchant for costumes, board games & Victorian hats.