BIO (Short Version)
If you want to know about me, read one of my books.
Or ask my mom, she’ll tell you.
BIO (Medium Version)
I have no good excuse for the way I write. I lived in a normal, loving, suburban home, studied hard, went to college, went to graduate school, got married, had babies, and settled down in northern Connecticut. Despite this wholesome lifestyle, I was clearly corrupted by fairy tales, puppet visionaries, British humour and graphic novels. As a result, I write dark, quirky, and sometimes humorous speculative fiction.
Check out the schedule, which you can access on the News page.
(1634px X 2152px)
(2538px X 3117px)
(1356px X 2048px)
|Dawn’s Bio (pdf)||Dawn’s Photo (pdf)||Dawn’s Photo & Bio (pdf)|
(1257px X 1929px)
(841px X 1277px)
Fan Review by Lauren of 365 Days of Reading:
- “[V]irtuoso prose….”
— Publisher’s Weekly
- Recommended for “extreme fans of Melissa Marr [and] Cassandra Clare”
— Kirkus Reviews
- “Metcalf has created an intriguing fantasy world as well as thought-provoking conceptualizations of pain, death, purpose, and self-acceptance. Fantasy enthusiasts will value the world-building, while fans of such titles as Gabrielle Zevin’s Elsewhere (Farrar, 2005) or Alice Sebold’s The Lovely Bones (Little, Brown, 2002) will appreciate the dimensionalities of life and death in the Flow.”
—School Library Journal
- “The Prose is simply stunning…With her vivid fantastical landscape, evocative descriptions…and facility with powerfully grotesque imagery, Metcalf is a stylist to watch.”
—The Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books
- “With this dazzling debut novel, the author proves herself a highly talented wordsmith.”
— Connie Goldsmith for New York Journal of Books
- “This is an unique twist on the usual paranormal tale with a strong Latina protagonist. Creative and very intriguing, I recommend this tale to those who love different tales with a surreal flavor.”
— Kim Baccellia for The Young Adults Book Central
- “…a startlingly original tale that haunts long after the last page has been read.”
— Susan VanHecke, The Red Room via Authorlink
- “You’ll love it if… You were all about Twilight, but now you’re so over the whole vampire/werewolf thing. Luminous still has tons of romance and fantasy, but with a totally original plot that is nothing like you’ve ever read before!”—SEVENTEEN magazine
Order from your favorite indy bookstore today!
LUMINOUS by Dawn Metcalf ▪ Dutton Books
ISBN: 978-0-525-42247-1▪ Hardcover ▪ Fiction
Ages 14 up/ Grades 9 up ▪ 304 pages ▪ $17.99