The Elevensies are super excited to be celebrating our release year, and so several of us have banded together to present a huge giveaway sweepstakes for librarians and their readers who enjoy books for teens and tweens. (By popular request, we'll also open this to school English teachers who are building their classroom libraries, just 'cause we know you need a little love, too!) If you fit that description, then you are invited to the "Elevensies BookFeast" -- your chance to win "All you can read" from a menu of 2011's tastiest debut YA and MG fiction.
The “Elevensies Book Feast” is a year-long giveaway broken into three seasons. Each season offers books by debut authors that librarians AND their readers can win. It’s all about sharing fresh new fiction and supporting institutions and people who are big supporters of debut authors. Each season features a selection of books grouped into the following packages or “platters:”
Blue Plate Special: Contemp & historical teen fiction that keeps it real
Fusion Fare: Feast on fantasy, paranormal and dystopian teen fiction
Middle Grade Sampler: Dig in to debuts just for tweens, ages 8-12
Librarians/teachers have the chance to win ALL of the books from an entire season. All they have to do is put up a poster encouraging their readers (teens and tweens, or those who enjoy books for teens and tweens) to participate in the sweepstakes. Readers who participate get to choose which package they'd like to win. No purchase is necessary; the “BookFeast” is sponsored by the authors themselves and not endorsed by any publisher.
Just to tempt you a little more, here's the poster for the spring lineup. Look at all those tasty books!
Want to know how you can enter? Here's how!
Entry Details – For Librarians (and teachers)*
* Put up the “Elevensies BookFeast” poster in the library/classroom where readers can see it.
* Take a picture of the poster once it’s up. (Please note that photos may be posted at the Elevensies blog - don't include any teens/children in the photo. By submitting a photo, you're giving us permission to post your image, if you snap yourself with the poster.)
* Email your photo to email@example.com with LIBRARY in your subject line.
* One entry per library/classroom. But you can earn extra entries every time a patron enters the Tweens and Teens giveaway and mentions your library’s name.
* One winning entry will be chosen at random at the end of each season.
Entry Details – For Readers*
* Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word READER in your subject line.
* Tell us which package you’re interested in winning. Please select only one.
* If you learned about this giveaway through your library/teacher, mention that in your email and earn them an extra entry to increase their chances of winning all of the season’s books.
* One entry per reader. One winner chosen randomly at the end of each season for each category.
Three sets of drawings will take place this year:
Spring – Random drawings take place April 30. Poster is available now.
Summer – Random drawings take place August 31. Poster will be available May 17.
Fall – Random drawings take place December 30. Poster will be available Sept. 17.
For full details, information on how to download or order a poster, and a look at books for each season, visit 2011bookfeast.com.
Now dig in and enter!
*No purchase necessary to enter. U.S. and Canada residents, including overseas military installations, only. Under age 13, have a parent or teacher enter for you. The Elevensies BookFeast is sponsored by the authors themselves and is not affiliated with or endorsed by any publishing house. Email addresses and other information that we collect will be used for this promotion and kept only to notify you of upcoming give-aways. If you DO NOT want to be notified of new seasonal posters and drawings as the BookFeast progresses, please write OPT OUT in your email, and the only correspondence you will receive from us is the one notifying you if you’re a winner. WE DO NOT SPAM! We will not sell, share, or in any other way abuse your email address. At the end of the BookFeast promotion all files will be deleted. Each season, one library/classroom prize pack and one of each reader package will be awarded. All random drawings are final and at the sole discretion of the Elevensies.
* cross-posted from--you guessed it--the Elevensies and Sara Bennett Wealer!